Who would attempt to fly with
the tiny wings of the sparrow
when the mighty power of the
eagle has been given to him?

Saturday, August 7, 2010

I'M BACK!

Procrastination is something best put off until tomorrow.

It has been awhile since my last blog. I got an email last night from a follower who asked me What did the cat get your tongue? Haha! Yes! That is exactly what happened. I took a few weeks to smell the roses. I taught my yoga classes, went to the beach, hung out with my kids and their friends and my friends. The blog always in the back of my mind. I was thinking about adding to it all the time. (I should be doing....) Anytime I add should to the beginning of my sentence I run the risk of becoming judgy of myself.

I have been doing a guided meditation with a client this summer and one thing I always come back to is the object of the journey is self-acceptance, self-love, and self-forgiveness. As well as accepting, loving and forgiving the people in your life. So although I am ready to come back to the routine of logging on and sharing stories that will support, encourage and inspire it was nice to just chill and not think about much but just being. I will accept the fact that I needed to take time out to enjoy a few weeks of summer. I will love every moment I get to spend with friends and family and I will forgive myself for not being as productive as I could have been this summer. It was fun!

So try this, next time you are feeling guilty because you SHOULD be doing something take a deep breath and as you exhale say, I forgive myself. Just saying the words will release the self imposed tension. I am happy to be back in the saddle so check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment