Who would attempt to fly with
the tiny wings of the sparrow
when the mighty power of the
eagle has been given to him?

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Reiki

Natural forces within us are the true healers of disease.- Hippocrates


Over the summer I received training to become a Reiki practitioner. It was an amazing experience and I am very thankful I have this "tool" in my pocket for me, for my family and friends and for my clients. Every Reiki practitioner describes Reiki differently, since it is never the same thing twice and always different for everyone. Sometimes is deeply relaxing, other times it can give you a feeling of calm energy and rejuvenation. Its basically like a drink cozy for energy, it gives you what you need when you need it. As an old friend used to say when pondering the magic of the drink cozy, "How do it know? How do it know when you want something to stay warm and how do it know when you want it to stay cool?" Although there is an explanation for the cozy, there is no explanation for Reiki. You don't even have to believe in it, you just have to relax and have an open mind. Personally I would describe Reiki as a way to coming back to who we are really meant to be. Reiki brings balance and clarity and just makes you feel better. I don't know how it know, but it do.

So enjoy the Reiki prayer today and if you ever get a chance to have the experience please do. You stay fully clothed, sitting in a chair or laying down. it is non invasive and you don't have to say anything or do anything. Just sit back and come back to who you really are.

Just for today, do not worry.
Just for today, do not anger.
Honor your parents, teachers and elders.
Earn your living honestly.
Show gratitude to every living thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment