Who would attempt to fly with
the tiny wings of the sparrow
when the mighty power of the
eagle has been given to him?

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Satsang

It is impossible to be hurt except by your own thoughts.-A Course in Miracles

I went to a Satsang on Tuesday night. It was amazing. A Satsang is translated as a 'truth group'. A community of people who come together to discuss heartfelt topics. (sign me up!) This Satsang gathered at the Kula Yoga Shala in Jupiter, Florida. A really great place where different yoga teachers hold all kinds of classes on a donation basis. So whatever your practice is worth to you is what you pay.
This Satsang meets on Tuesday evenings and it is dedicated to A Course in Miracles. It was so timely that I went for the first time that night. (oh that's right there are no coincidences!)
Recently a very good friend of mine said to me, "Are you still writing that blog?" At which I skipped just a little beat but quickly recovered answering "Why yes I am!" For a split second my feathers were ruffled that such a good friend didn't know something that was so important to me, (writing) was and will always be a part of my life. But the moment passed and I thought that I had let the feeling go as quickly as it came but I thought about it again the next day, (so clearly my ego had gotten the best of me.)
I know that everyone is busy and I write this not to feed my own ego, (I thought!). I write this blog because if something resonates with me than I am sure that it must resonate with someone else out there as well and we learn from each other,(truth). TAKE NOTHING PERSONALLY!

The discussion at the satsung was The Attainment of Peace. The gist of the course if your not familiar with it is that the Holy Spirit is in all of us and forgiveness is the path to truth and truth is love. The ego is the source of fear and everything that stems from fear, (like feeling offended) Everything the ego is, is an illusion. It is not reality. This is not something we need to learn but something we need to remember!

Eckart Tolle has an iPhone app and a podcast discussing the Course. Marianne Williams made a career out of explaining the course. Its pretty interesting. I left the evening forgiving myself for being human and seeing things from a different lens. On the TODAY show they showed a web video of a father and his baby. The father is tearing up a rejection letter and the baby is laughing so loud and hard at him doing this it makes you laugh right along with them. What a lesson! The baby knows! The rejection letter and the feelings that come with it are the illusion. Laugh in the face of fear and move on to love.


Course in Miracles Quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment