Who would attempt to fly with
the tiny wings of the sparrow
when the mighty power of the
eagle has been given to him?

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Using Social Media

“This is no longer a gimmick. This is how the American people want to receive their news and want to hear from us.” – Nick Schaper, new-media representative for House Minority Leader John Boehner




I know, I know...I just recently wrote a blog on the dangers of Facebook. I still think some people use it for evil instead of good. That being said however, I recently read an amazing book called Crush It! By a man named Gary Vanerchuk. It is a very interesting take on the future of business and how to use social media to make money doing what you are passionate about. The very thought of doing EXACTLY what you want and what you love is like receiving a gift. Being fulfilled and happy day in and day out and having your PASSION be the very thing that allows you to CRUSH IT! AMAZING!!
I am lucky that I found my passion. Think about what your passion is. No matter if its stamp collecting, sports, knitting, wood working or creating new cocktails to serve at parties you can become the voice of your passion through hard work and dedication. This book is very inspiring. I gifted the audiobook to my college age daughter. She is about to make her mark on the world and she knows how to utilize social media. This book was made for her and people like her. (and I don't mean young because regardless of your age you can learn to crush it!) Why do we buy TIDE and SKIPPY and KLEENEX? Why do we stop at Stop signs and not at Green squares on a pole? Because we have been conditoned to recognize these brands and symbols. You could go to another country and see these same words written in a different language and still understand what it means because it is ingrained in our minds. This book explains how with hard work you can literally brand yourself and make your passion your profession. Check it out, maybe gift it to someone you love who has a passion they could easily make into a profession. What a gift! Crush It!

No comments:

Post a Comment