Who would attempt to fly with
the tiny wings of the sparrow
when the mighty power of the
eagle has been given to him?

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

RESOLUTIONS


For last year's words belong to last year's language And next year's words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning.
~T.S. Eliot, "Little Gidding"


A very exciting time is quickly approaching. New Years Resolution time! With this day comes the promise of a new, super you. I recently read an article about a woman who was talking about meeting her future self. ‘Wait until you meet future me! I am skinny and wise and I meditate and volunteer. Future me is awesome and I can’t wait to meet me!’

I feel like New Years Eve is another great opportunity to getting a little closer to the authentic life we are all searching for. But so is every other day! Last month I signed up for a Yoga conference I have been meaning to attend for a long time now. This morning I went online and registered to take a CPR class that I should have under my belt if I want to be furthering my education in the path I am following. Every morning that I make myself ‘get on the mat’ or go for a run or a walk is a mini resolution to keep working towards that ultimate goal of not being skinny or wiser, but listening to my authentic self who is everyday trying to reveal itself to me. When I choose happiness over drama, kindness over gossip or hard work over easy out I am closer to the real authentic me. There are a million ways to do it. Does it feel right? Does it make you happy? (And not in a fleeting pleasure way but true happiness that you feel in your heart.) I am learning to listen! It’s exciting; every morning we wake up is another opportunity for a resolution. Maybe I should start sporting the paper hats and horns all the time?

No comments:

Post a Comment