Who would attempt to fly with
the tiny wings of the sparrow
when the mighty power of the
eagle has been given to him?

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Shift

Every new beginning is from some other beginnings end.- Semisonic

When you feel a transformation happening it is our first instinct to ignore, run and hide from it. I remember watchng The Simpsons with my kids years ago and Marge said, "I'm sorry sir, I don't mean to be rude but we fear change." Ah Marge, that old sage. It is a scary thing to do but try to embrace a change. Think of it as a way to let your spirit grow. Open hearted awreness will allow you to see your own transformation. As Jon Kabot Zinn has said, Bearing witness changes everything. 

If it seems like its hard then your doing it right! I say to my kids all the time, nothing worthwhile should come that easy. It is very easy to cover your eyes and ears and say, 'nananana I can't hear you or see you!' but as humans we are the species that knows and we know that we know. (ya know?)

I am going to try to get out of my own way and embrace whatever happens next and know it is exactly where I am meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment