Who would attempt to fly with
the tiny wings of the sparrow
when the mighty power of the
eagle has been given to him?

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Wellness Drive

I am about to begin my "wellness drive". I am driving by myself from Florida to NY. I have about 5 Deepak Chopra/Carolyn Myss audiobooks and miles of open road. I plan on being enlightened by New Jersey.
I am looking forward to seeing my sister in law, Barbara, in South Carolina for a fun girl's night tonight! And then driving either all the way to Long Island or stopping one more time. (hotel night by myself sounds heavenly so I may just take my time!)
I am looking forward to the solitude of a road trip. Maybe I will learn a little bit about myself with all of this time for reflection. Or maybe just mindlessly sing along to my ipod. Like that commercial for windows, where the average Joe has a revelation and in their minds eye they are way better good looking than in real life, I am envisioning I am either a Thelma or a Louise on a road trip to freedom. In reality I have a car packed up like the Beverly Hillbillies and I try to push out the thoughts of DVT setting in by Georgia. HA! Crazy. Here is my driving playlist if anyone else needs some tunes for the open road. Happy trails!


No comments:

Post a Comment