Who would attempt to fly with
the tiny wings of the sparrow
when the mighty power of the
eagle has been given to him?

Monday, April 12, 2010

75 Degrees and Sunny with a Slight Breeze


It is not 75 degrees and sunny with a slight breeze in my body today. This is the description of my favorite kind of weather. A friend asked me months ago to describe my favorite weather. I said it was 75 degrees and sunny with a slight breeze. She then asked me how do I feel when I am experiencing this sort of weather. I replied that I didn’t know where I left off and the outside world began. I am just completely at ease, content and happy. She told me if I was living my authentic life then this is how my body would feel all the time. When talking to other people, when dealing with my family, when having fictious conversations with people in my mind that I imagine are more powerful then little old me.

All the time? What about when I am angry, frustrated or sad. Well, she said, if you learn to pay attention to your body and learn to respond instead of react then you will be able to slow things down and take things in, notice them and before you say anything, go back to 75 degrees and sunny with a slight breeze before you respond. Then you will be living in the moment, not reacting to a trigger from the past you allow someone to set off in you.
I am full of fear that does not allow me to live in my 75 degree, sunny breezy world. It is a constant practice to go back to the good place. I am not good, smart, thin, able enough to do…….blah, blah, blah. But of course I am. I am more powerful  than beyond measure.
75 degrees and sunny with a slight breeze. There I am back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment