Who would attempt to fly with
the tiny wings of the sparrow
when the mighty power of the
eagle has been given to him?

Friday, April 30, 2010

Aunt Mary's Letter


A few weeks ago heavy rainstorms flooded the basement of my aunt Mary and uncle Kevin’s business in Westhampton Beach New York,(Fitzgerald’s Gallery), Mary sent out an email blast requesting prayers from everyone she knew that there would be no damage to the art work and no future problems with flooding. (a few years back they had extensive flood damage and it was a nightmare for them) This was the follow up email I received yesterday from her. (Jean is my other aunt, Jeff is my father and Peggy is his friend).


Thank you everyone because we got about 4 inches of rain Sunday through Tuesday and the basement is dry.  I know it worked ! 
        It's going to be beautiful weather right through this weekend. 
      On Friday there was a beautiful rainbow.  I saw it driving home from work.  It was right out of an Irish tale.  I wanted to pull over and take a picture of it but I had a real asshole right on my bumper and I missed my opportunity.  The next day, Jean wrote me and asked if I got the rainbow she sent me!  I was skeptical at first.  Jeff and Peggy were down at the beach and they saw it too.  I figured that Jeff told Jean about it.  She said no.  Pretty amazing.  Yes, you are right.  It does run in the family.  Faith.  One of my friends, Patti--asked her prayer group to include my dilemma in their prayers.  So thank you again for your good thoughts for us.  Love, Mary
     Everything at the gallery is back to normal and people came in for picture framing the whole time so we have lots of work to do and some really big jobs.  Just the way I love it.     


How lucky was I growing up in a family that calls each other to tell them about rainbows they have seen and/or wished for each other? Not to mention understanding the power of prayer, Irish luck and most of all FAITH, that all will be well. As well as a good Irish work ethic! I think everything you need to know in life is pretty much summed up in this email.
Have FAITH, love your FAMILY, trust in GOD, appreciate the wonders of NATURE, GIVE THANKS, and don’t let some asshole let you miss out on any opportunities life brings you!! Thanks Mary!


1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely going to send someone a rainbow today! Awesome letter! I loved it.

    ReplyDelete