Who would attempt to fly with
the tiny wings of the sparrow
when the mighty power of the
eagle has been given to him?

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Lowering Your Gaze


                                        
Sometimes it all seems like way too much. Why are some days overwhelming? Yesterday I didn’t feel like I had insurmountable tasks in front of me but today I do. A tight feeling comes into my chest, my breath quickens. As far as my eye can see are obstacles in my way. How will I ever be able to do all of these things? Then I hear a whisperlower your gaze”.

And I stop looking into the horizon of what I can not possibly get done and look right in front of me and start with the first thing I see, then the next and the next. The tightness leaves, I can take a deep breath. 

No comments:

Post a Comment